Colchitas...Colcheras...Colchas...all things quilts


Or pretty little blankets. Colcha is the Spanish word for blanket or coverlet. It's the closest word for quilt and the one I have most commonly heard. A colchita is a blanket or a little quilt. A colchera is a quilter.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Step One, idea

I swear, I am doing so much lately. I have been taking pictures galore but am having trouble posting them. I do not like Picasa. But, it's what I have.

For now, here is a pattern I am working on. I want to use the A Stitch in Color line from Moda to make a queen size quilt for our bed. The second I saw it in the shop I had to buy one of every color. And visiting a quilt shop in Texas with my mother they had some colors I didn't. I think I have all of them now. Yay!!

Once I finish up some of the many started quilts, I will be allowed to work on this one. Maybe I'll do one of the smaller ones I also worked on in the mean time....

No comments:

Post a Comment