Colchitas...Colcheras...Colchas...all things quilts


Or pretty little blankets. Colcha is the Spanish word for blanket or coverlet. It's the closest word for quilt and the one I have most commonly heard. A colchita is a blanket or a little quilt. A colchera is a quilter.

Monday, April 9, 2012



I finally finished this easy peasy chevron quilt. It's a very simple half-square triangle top that went together very quickly. It just took me forever to quilt it.


I used my walking foot to do simple straight line quilting. Learning to maneuver a quilt with this design was... maddening. But I think I will still try it again with two twin quilts ready to quilt that used half-square triangles as well. But that's for after the wedding when things are calmer.






The back was going to be two fabrics but I needed a few more inches. So little white in the middle fixed it right up. It's a little bigger than a twin size so good for snuggling up on the couch.


1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! I linked over here from the Cottonwood website. I love the color gradation of your chevrons!

    ReplyDelete