Colchitas...Colcheras...Colchas...all things quilts


Or pretty little blankets. Colcha is the Spanish word for blanket or coverlet. It's the closest word for quilt and the one I have most commonly heard. A colchita is a blanket or a little quilt. A colchera is a quilter.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Going in Circles quilt

Going in circles.
The backing was an old sheet of the hubby's. It's the perfect contrast to the front.
Front and back of Going in circles.


I finished up one of my first artistic quilt adventures and I LOVE IT! It was made using a charm pack of Wee Wonderland and some other fabrics from my stash. Then simple straight line quilting with a fun multicolor thread. It's quite small, a wall hanging or to throw on a sofa or chair. I gave it to my dad for Christmas and I hope he likes it. 

I used the pattern Eclipse from Quilt Country Quilt Shop in Lewisville, TX. (Also where I got the charm pack. It's a great little fabric shop worth a visit if you're in the area.)  The pattern came with a template for a smaller version with 5" squares and a larger version using 9" squares. I hope to use the pattern to make a larger version using Malka Dubrawsky's Simple Marks collection.

Eclipse
Eclipse from Quilt Country


 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: