Colchitas...Colcheras...Colchas...all things quilts


Or pretty little blankets. Colcha is the Spanish word for blanket or coverlet. It's the closest word for quilt and the one I have most commonly heard. A colchita is a blanket or a little quilt. A colchera is a quilter.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Little Man music quilt

This cute little quilt is the "Little Man" pattern from Simplify With Camille Roskelley: Quilts for the Modern Home. It's an easy and fun pattern that only calls for four fat quarters and a little bit of yardage for the sashing and borders. It cuts up and sews up quickly.
 
This quilt is a gift for a friends new little girl actually. Her dad is a musician and I figure they won't mind colors that aren't traditionally feminine. I hope she enjoys it when it eventually makes it's way down to Texas.
Guitars and bright colors

I love the Little Man pattern!
Full view of the musical quilt.


Little man quilt, perfect size for snuggling and dragging around.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a pattern for this? Its wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcia-

      I wish I could say this was my pattern. It's the Little Man pattern from Simplify with Camille Roskelley. The book is filled with easy beautiful patterns, especially for using precuts. She also just came out with another book. You should also check out her blog at http://camilleroskelley.typepad.com/simplify/.

      Best-
      amy

      Delete