Colchitas...Colcheras...Colchas...all things quilts


Or pretty little blankets. Colcha is the Spanish word for blanket or coverlet. It's the closest word for quilt and the one I have most commonly heard. A colchita is a blanket or a little quilt. A colchera is a quilter.

Friday, March 8, 2013

My first giveaway and blog hop

I am not the most internet or blog saavy person on the earth so this is a little new to me. I am joining the Quilter's blog hop party giveaway! I will be giving away one of my wonky star quilted pillowcases.


blog hop giveaway pillow
A wonky star pillow wants a home with you!

This is not the pillow to be given away but very similar. Picture to be posted soon. Cat and pickles not included. Well, maybe the pickles if you are in the US and ask in your comment : )

Please leave a comment on this post by March 14, 2013. I will draw a random person on March 15, 2013. Please be sure to leave your email and name in the comment so I can get in touch with you. This drawing is open internationally.

Thanks so much for looking at my blog and being part of this amazing supportive community!

xo
-Amy

139 comments:

  1. I love me a wonky star! Thanks for a chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful pillow!! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pillow looks great! Can't wait to see if it ends up in our home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pillow cover - thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lovely giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would take the cat but I'm full up here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have six (and two dogs) so I know what that's like. But they're my babies so what can you do?

      Delete
  7. I love the pillow design...and if you made those pickles ... they would be most welcome here! :) I do think that my Killian (cat) would frown on your cat coming along though....

    Thanks for the great giveaway ...

    nhsarab at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have three cats, so it's ok not to include one in this prize. Great pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice pillow, and I love pickles (hint hint)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE wonky stars! I have a list of quilts to attempt this year and a wonky star quilt is on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeneta- Absolutely try it. Sooooo easy and a great way to use up scraps. I, of course, didn't use scraps. But I think I will int he future.

      Delete
  11. Cute pillow. I love pickles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pillow case! Thanks for the chance to win one of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for a lovely giveaway - I'm in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) Your photo made me smile...love everything about it...especially the cat who seriously wanted to be the star of the photo! :) And then every time I see a jar of homemade pickles I think of Andy and Aunt Bee's pickles... Personally I love pickles...my family does not. They don't know what they are missing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Homemade pickles are so easy and delish. All of my cats think they are the star of everything I do.

      Delete
  15. What a cute pillow! and your picture makes me miss my cat (she died last year at 20 years of age!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to win your pillow case....lovely . Pickles would be great too. But alas; I am in Canada...lol Thanks dear.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for this giveaway. Greetings from Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That pillow looks fabulous! I'd take the pickles too, but I'm guess that's expensive to ship so I'll just look at them longingly. :) Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's just the pillow that goes with my new quilts to cuddle on the sofa. It's fabulous! Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a beautiful pillowcover. The pickles look yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the chance to win. Love cats too

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the pillow, it is beautiful! thanks for a chance to win it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful pillow! Wonky stars are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I love pickles, especially homemade ones. Thanks for the chance to win such a pretty pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh how I LOVE wonky stars!! Very nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much for the chance to win- love this pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the pillow (& I love pickles too). Thanks for the chance to win. jleekamitchell(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your pillow is beautiful. Thank you for the giveaway and the chance to win.(I LOVE pickles)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the star!!! It is in my to do pile:)
    I would love some pickles and I already have 6 cats so don't really want another:) haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute! Wonky stars are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful pillow! We already have too many cats but I'll take the pickles!

    ReplyDelete
  32. thank you for this chance. I love your pillow. I cross my fingers. hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  33. Pretty pillow! Thanks for a chance.
    Ü dawn
    tornesfam at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the colours in the pillow. Thanks for the giveaway.
    Phew, glad the cat is not included, my house is not kitty proof!
    bandkgram (at) hotmail (dot) ca

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the pillow but glad you are keeping the cat. Thanks for having a give away.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my, that is gorgeous!! And the pickles... We go through them at a quick pace here - they're my autistic 6yr old's favorite food... Seeing yours just makes me think of my Bean :-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a beautiful pillow. Seeing your pickles makes me think about how many tomato plants I need to plant this year to make Tomato Basil Soup, and Spaghetti Sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  38. It is lovely, especially with the cat tail!
    beth(Dot)sebastian(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  39. OH, I have way more pickles than I know what to do with! :)


    Thank you for a lovely giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  40. That is a beautiful pillow! What a great give away!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great looking stars!! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  42. You look like my kind of quilter, star blocks, kitty tails hanging out, and home canned goodies! That is a wonderful and thoughtful giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Lovely pillow....wouldn't mind yummy pickles either! Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Gracias por darme l a oportunidad de ganar una de tus bellezas.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the pillowcase!! And the pickles look delicious, but I'm up in Canada - so maybe you'd share a recipe as I prefer to try tried & true recipes after making a batch that failed badly... Thanks for a chance to win! :)
    bcgeates at netbistro dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your pillowcase is lovely and I would love it to come live at my house! My cat would probably love it, too, but I don't think he would like another cat joining him!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great giveaway. Wonky stars are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love wonky stars. Thanks for the chance to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a lovely pillow! thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  50. That is the best giveaway ever. To give from your heart and is homemade is the most precious giveaway ever. I would be honore to win your giveway. Of course, I would have to have those canned pickles to go with my prize. Yes, I am from US - Sonora, CA. Thank you for being a part of this Beat the Winter Blues Blog Hop and giving all of us, your followers, a chance to win and to help chase away those blues. Can't wait to taste your homemade canned pickles.

    Sandi Timmons
    sandit1@sbcglobal.net
    Sonora, CA - USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi- I would love to send you a jar of homemade pickles. If you will get in touch with me I will happily send you a jar of my homemade okra pickles.

      Delete
  51. Love the wonky! Thanks so much for the chance to win your awesome pillow cover.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Awesome pillow! Stars have been calling out to me quite a bit lately so I love you wonky ones. Where in Virginia are you? My hometown is Staunton! And who doesn't love pickles!

    And congrats on your first blog party hop and giveaway. This is my first giveaway myself!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love your pillow!!! Thanks sew much for this chance to win your generous giveaway :-D
    back2loghome (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Gorgeous pillow! Thanks for the chance to win. I love pickles but they would probably never get here in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love your pillow, hope it will be mine soon. I already have a pillow form for it. Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thank you for the sweet giveaway! The pillow is gorgeous so I'm sure the actual treat will be wonderful. Have pillow forms as the ready :-) Hugs to the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love the cool colors in the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Very pretty. I would be honored to have it in my home. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  59. Lovely pillow (and cat). Thanks for the chance to win

    ReplyDelete
  60. That pillow would be perfect on my son's new couch. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Lovely colors...don;t you just love wonky stars!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I love the pillow...and are those by any chance okra pickles? I love pickled okra.

    ReplyDelete
  63. love the pillow and i love the name for quilter in spanish i think i am going to steal that one even if i am not spanish

    ReplyDelete
  64. I LOVE that pillow!!! What an honor it would be to win one! I also love that your pictures often have kitty parts in them! (Feels like my house!)

    ReplyDelete
  65. Handmade gifts or prizes are the best. Thank you for such a personal giveaway. Anyone of us quilters or sewers would be thrilled to win and give your wonky star a happy home. Thank you! Toni Anne

    ReplyDelete
  66. I love Wonky and your pillow is adorable! I'd be happy to give one a home;)
    Thank you for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Thanks for the great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  68. This is wonderful. Thanks for a chance to win such a pretty thing. And I love pickles. Are they homemade? I have wanted to try but have never gotten enough cucumbers.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I love pillow covers! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  70. I love your wonky star pillow - you have some terrific ideas on your pininterest page.. I also love your cats legs- we have a ginger cat named Mars who has white paws. We love her dearly and she does love my quilts.
    Your pickles sound delicious- My mother makes dill pickles and my son loves them so much that he learnt how to make them as he lives 5000 miles across country..
    Enjoy the hop..
    Regards, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  71. How dear of you to be giving away something you have made yourself! I treasure things handmade by others. Your creations are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  72. What a great giveaway, I'd love a Wonky Stars Pillow and yes, I'd love a jar of homemade pickles to go with it ;) Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Pretty wonky star pillow.
    Thanks.
    AmandaK@whatthebobbin

    ReplyDelete
  74. Wonderful giveaway. I love the pillow. Thanks for sharing and for the opportunity on a great draw. bonnielarson58@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  75. awww the pillow is so cute! Thanks for a great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  76. That's a very lovely pillow. so many colours that it is lively even with the grey background. Thanks for hosting this contest.

    ReplyDelete
  77. The pillow is stunning! And, I am pickle lover from way back, so that would be a bonus. Thank you for the generous giveaway!

    donnalee1953 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  78. What beautiful work. You don't have to be blog savvy when you're that quilt savvy! The cat and pickles really add to the picture :) Many thanks for the chance!
    ellen(at)myerly(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  79. Very nice wonky star! Your bubbly enthusiasm makes me want to get up and dance, but I'm too old!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Love, love your pillow. It's beautiful. Thanks for participating in the Quilters' Blog Hop Party.

    ReplyDelete
  81. LOVE this pillow!! Actually, having handmade pillows on my couch have been on my to do list for a year now and just never seem to get done. This would solve all my problems ; ) Thanks for a great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  82. i love the wonky stars. I am thinking of using them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  83. What a cute pillow! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Hi, love your pillow it would look good on my couch almost the same color. Thanks for the great giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Such a lovely cushion - I would love to give something like that a home here in Australia. I love the grey & yellow colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Beautiful pillow -- I would love to have that adorn my sewing room. I do love some pickles and some kitties but pickled kitties would be bad. Hoping you might be my covert Robin - Karma.willow.designs@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie- your were randomly drawn as the winner of my wonky star pillowcase. Please get in touch soon so I can send it to you! Thanks so much.

      Delete
  87. What a lovely pillow cover! I don't have a pillow on my couch, it would look so good there! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Cute greys. Maybe if I win you could just send the pickle recipe? Olney.gail@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  89. Lovely pillow!
    Thanks for wonderful giveaway!
    :o)
    pippirose59 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  90. Such a cute pillow...I have just the place for it, if I'm the lucky one! And, yes, I LOVE pickles! For many years I used to put up my own. But, for just one, it's not worth it now that my kids grown. Such a lovely giveaway! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  91. One of my cats could use an extra cat tail, so he´s a bit sad it doesn´t go with the prize :) I just hope I win the beautiful pillowcase!
    Gun, Sweden
    gun@lapp.se

    ReplyDelete
  92. I Love your Wonky Stars Pillow!! I made a Wonky Star quilt for my sisters 50th BD...

    ReplyDelete
  93. Love your blog name! Thanks for the great giveaway! I have a chair in my family room that your pillow would look good one. Always love pickles:)

    ReplyDelete
  94. I would love a chance to win one of your beautiful pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete
  95. I'm not savvy with the blog either. I would love to try the wonky star pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Crossing my fingers for a beautiful wonky star pillow cover!

    thanks for the giveaway!
    susie
    legato1958@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  97. Loooove the pillow!!! will be honored to have something you made 'specially for your Give-Away!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  98. I would love to have A wonky star pillow in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  99. Love the pillow, what a nice giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  100. That pillow is gorgeous! Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  101. Those are cute, wonky stars. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  102. I love the wonky star, and your pillow is beautiful. Did you make the pickles? I'm always looking for a good pickle recipe.
    Susan in PA
    susie.galasso@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  103. Great momento of this fun HOP. And there is none like homemade when it comes to pickles!

    ReplyDelete
  104. Love the stars! What pillow isn't complete without a kitty or two scoping out their next nap opportunity!!

    ReplyDelete
  105. Very pretty! Thank you for the chance...

    ReplyDelete
  106. I love the pillow and what i can see of the cat lol babscorbitt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  107. Love the pillow, and the cat's tail!! I would love to have some homemade pickles to! We are out till cucumber season...

    ReplyDelete
  108. Wow, that is a wonderful giveaway gift. Thanks for being in the blog hop and for the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  109. Ich nehme gerne an der Verlosung teil

    Grüße aus Deutschland von
    marion

    ReplyDelete
  110. I love anything with stars and especially wonky stars!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  111. Beautiful pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  112. Super wonky stars! Lovely piping too! And cattail ~^^~
    I a so lad to have found your blog! these hops are fun for finding new people to meet :D

    ReplyDelete
  113. I wish I lived in the US, your pickles look delish. I think the pillow would be a fabulous gift. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  114. The pillowcase is fabulous. Thanks for the great giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  115. Your pillow is quite lovely!
    nicolesender(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  116. Wonderful pillow... I would be so proud to win it. Thanks for being so generous.

    ReplyDelete
  117. Beautiful pillow! But I must confess I really want the PICKLES!!!! Seriously...the pickles! :P

    ReplyDelete
  118. I love your wonky star pillow covering. Thank you for a chance to win.
    ktreve (at) hotmail(dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  119. Hi MissMary- it's so nice to meet a fellow okra lover. If you get in touch with me I will send you a jar of my homemade pickled okra. It is quite good, if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  120. That pillow is beautiful!! And I do like pickles. I'd trade you with a jar of apple butter.

    kimerlee

    ReplyDelete