Colchitas...Colcheras...Colchas...all things quilts


Or pretty little blankets. Colcha is the Spanish word for blanket or coverlet. It's the closest word for quilt and the one I have most commonly heard. A colchita is a blanket or a little quilt. A colchera is a quilter.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Finishing

I'm trying to finish up lots of quilts for my trio to Texas. This is the backing to a 50"x50" square quilt. I just need about a quarter yard more of grey and it's ready to go.

This pile is ready to quilt. I think it's five. I'm going to hopefully finish about three more before heading down to ATX next week!!

The little stack in the top corner are a finished double size, a finished baby quilt and some ot holders. Below that is Nesin's wedding gift that I'm quilting with the walking foot. It is taking me forever but it's looking pretty awesome. And to the left are two coordinating twins that also need straight line quilting. I will try to get some pictures of the quilts this weekend to post.

1 comment: