Colchitas...Colcheras...Colchas...all things quilts


Or pretty little blankets. Colcha is the Spanish word for blanket or coverlet. It's the closest word for quilt and the one I have most commonly heard. A colchita is a blanket or a little quilt. A colchera is a quilter.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Delicious jelly roll

I do love me some jelly rolls. My sewing room (and many random parts of the house) have been packed away for weeks while we sort out our housing situation. I haven't sewn in so long and just couldn't take it anymore. I'm making this funky little quilt for work with a Bali Pop jelly roll in "BlueHawaiian". It'd not my favorite but its one of the oldest ones at work (ie cheap!) But it's really growing on me. The rich colors really.sparkle.

The color, the fabric, the stitching...it feels so so good. What's our favorite part of the quilt process? I'm savoring every step right now and its refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment