Colchitas...Colcheras...Colchas...all things quilts


Or pretty little blankets. Colcha is the Spanish word for blanket or coverlet. It's the closest word for quilt and the one I have most commonly heard. A colchita is a blanket or a little quilt. A colchera is a quilter.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Intro to Sewing bag



I am lucky enough to be teaching an Intro to Sewing class at Cottonwood, the quilt shop where I work, and I finally made the sample and wrote up my directions and supply list. We will be making a lovely little zipper bag. The pattern is based on the Strippy Charm Pouch from the Moda BakeShop. I hope to see folks October 23 for Intro to Sewing.

Right after I will also be teaching an Intro to Free-Motion Quilting class that afternoon. It will be a fun and casual way to step into the world of free-motion quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment