Colchitas...Colcheras...Colchas...all things quilts


Or pretty little blankets. Colcha is the Spanish word for blanket or coverlet. It's the closest word for quilt and the one I have most commonly heard. A colchita is a blanket or a little quilt. A colchera is a quilter.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Covert Robin received!

Look at this cute little Covert Robin doodle!
 I received a package from my covert robin partner Holly the other day. It was full of lovely homemade chocolate covered oreos and some fun spring decorations. Sid and Pepin approve (especially the card).
cats candy
Sid checks out the haul.
cat candy
Pepin's turn to check it out.
 Look at these delicious beauties!  I had to work hard not to eat them all right then.
homemade oreos gift
Homemade chocolate covered oreos!
 Lucky for me I was headed to a dinner party that night so I brought these beauties for a treat after dinner. We had train shaped pound cake, lovely little clementines and intense chocolaty oreo goodness. It was a lovely evening. Thanks again Holly!
chocolate covered oreos homemade
They were a big hit after dinner.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like your robin did a great job -- hope you aren't too disappointed I'm not your partner. My kitty tried to hijack my partners items so now I had to pack them away so she doesn't get them again. (much like the kitty in the video, except more teeth)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been a wonderful coincedence if we were partners but c'est la vie! I have my gift finished and I finally got a box to get it packed. Once it's packed it will go to the post office with your prize. Fingers crossed tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- those are gorgeous! I just got yours today (EEEEE!) and I am over the moon! I can't wait to try the preserves and okra, and am going to sew a throw pillow so I can use that gorgeous quilted cover. The pinwheel designs are so pretty (and one has a hedgehog! I was gigglin'). I'll be posting about it next week, for sure. Thanks again! You rock! :D

    ReplyDelete