Colchitas...Colcheras...Colchas...all things quilts


Or pretty little blankets. Colcha is the Spanish word for blanket or coverlet. It's the closest word for quilt and the one I have most commonly heard. A colchita is a blanket or a little quilt. A colchera is a quilter.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cutting pieces


Trimming, trimming, trimming.


I bought this fabric, Hullabaloo by Urban Chiks for Moda, before I even knew how to sew. I knew I wanted to start quilting. It was quite an impulse, especially since I didn't even know what a fat quarter was yet,but I had to learn. I got the fat quarter set and some fabric for the border and backing. One might as well learn with fabric you're excited about, yes?


I bought The Practical Guide to Patchwork: New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker and started planning. This quilt will be a version of the first quilt in the book Fenced In. Hopefully it will be finished by Christmas...

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! This will be such a fun, fun, fun adventure.

    ReplyDelete